Annual meeting in Beijing
The latest developments in food security research were shared on June 7 2013 in Beijing, at the annual meeting of the Global Alliance on Food Security Research. The six collaborating knowledge institutions presented their research progress, provided examples of cooperation with private industry and discussed the way forward for the alliance.
Aim of the annual meeting was to jointly establish a vision and an action plan for the Global Alliance on Food Security Research. The alliance partners discussed the key food security issues and shared ideas on how to work towards resolving those issues.
- Dr. Jiayang Li, President of CAAS
- Dr Gong Xifeng, Deputy director general dept. of international cooperation
- Jin Ke, division chief, department of international affairs
- Prof. Mei Xurong, Director of Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development in Agriculture, CAAS
- Damares De Castro Monte, Phd. , Embrapa Labex China
- Robert Habib, International Affairs
- Zheng Li, representative of INRA in China
- Hon. Steve Maharey, vice-chancellor
- Stuart Morriss, Assistant Vice-Chancellor & University Registrar
- Prof. William Barkssdale Lacy, Vice Provost of UC Davis
- Hon. Prof. dr. ir. Rudy Rabbinge
- Dr. Dinhuan HU, representative of Wag.UR in China
- Tineke Tromp, M.law, coordinator GAFSR